• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Update Required", "Sign in required" errors installing, updating, opening Photoshop Elements 2019

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am consistently getting an "Update Required" error message when and after attempting the most recent (July 2021) update to Camera Raw in Photoshop Elements 2019. After the update fails, I get a "Sign In Required" message when trying to start the program, followed by the same "Update Required" error when I try to sign in. I have tried to run the software on two different computers with the same result.

I got the same error when initially trying to install the package on a clean machine with latest Windows 10 updates installed. I had to install PSE15 first before I coul get the PSE2019 installation to complete.

The second machine is running an older Windows 10 version and I had been using PSE11 on it. I installed PSE15 first then ran the PSE2019 installer with no issues. Everything worked OK until attempting to run the Camera Raw update. This led to the same problems and I can'r run the editor anymore, although Organizer runs OK.

The upgrade file I downloaded from my account and am using is PhotoshopElements_2019_LS30_win64.exe. 

Below are the specs for my machine and screen shots of the error messages.

Please HELP

Screenshot 2021-07-14 191222.png

This is the message I got from the installer until I installed PSE15

Screenshot 2021-07-14 193026.png

Following the installation of PSE15, Photoshop 2019 installs successfully and everything seems to work. I then attempt to install the camera Raw update

and get this message:

bigdognj_0-1626470917962.png

From then on, I get thje following two errors whenever I try to run the editor. The update required error followqs the sign in request in an endless loop.

Screenshot 2021-07-16 124808.png

Screenshot 2021-07-16 124241.png

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue on a Windows 10 Home machine after a clean reinstall of Windows.  Premiere and Photoshop had worked on the machine previously, but now I can't get it to install.  The OS is completely updated and I have Internet Explorer 11 installed (as instructed) and I also have Edge and Chrome... but I still get the update error.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you provided is the same page that comes up when you click "Learn more" in the error dialog. Following the steps there didn't solve the problem. I even tried setting Internet Explorer as my default browser to no effect. Not sure why we're talking about Internet Explorer at all in 2021, but I completely disabled compatibility mode anyway. Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW. I normally use Chrome as my default browser. Is Flash required for sign in? Flash player for Chrome has been discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having had the thought about Flash, I tried Microsoft Edge as the default browser. Again no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Flash Player. This is about IE11, which is the engine used to show login pages. The default browser settings do not affect this. Were you able to follow all of the suggestions given in the instruction s for IE11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think. Disabled compatibility mode for everything. Couldn't find a legacy mode setting.

bigdognj_0-1626996346938.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has a solution been found yet? 
I experience the same problem on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download and install creative cloud for desktop.   You won't use it for anything- just download and install it, your problems will go away.   

How to download the Creative Cloud desktop app (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would this help to solve my recognition problem of my serial number to do you think? See message below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, still doesn't work.
I'm currently experiencing the problems with ADobe acrobat reader. I was thinking about buying Lightroom but not before I can fix the issue in the simple reader.

2021-09-01 12_13_12-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same message while trying to update. Re-installed the latest version from the website and now my serial number isn't recognized anymore. Going from bad to worse. Adobe support points to the Forum to solve the issue, nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your serial number you used for the latest version?  OR (soemthing like this)  You had PSE 2020, saw a download for PSE 2021, downloaded it, installed it, and then tried to use your old serial number in the latest version?

ABOUT THE SERIAL NUMBER: No it doesn't have anything to do with the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is still the 2020 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same issue with my Photoshop last night. It's an endless loop of the "Update Required" message and my browsers and system are all up to date. I even downloaded Internet Explorer to try and resolve the issue with no luck. I use PS and LR consistently and last night was the first time I experience this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got it to work! It turns out my Creative Cloud app needed an update. Once I updated that on my desktop, it let me log in to PS and LR. The error message is very misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have Creative Cloud. It seems you need to take a free subscription which automatically turns into a Monthly payment. I don't need Creative Cloud, I just want my standalone payed-for Elements 2020 to be licensed again. Strange situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downlaod and install adobe creative cloud for desktop, you just need to install it, then you can basically forget about it.

How to download the Creative Cloud desktop app (adobe.com)   Nothing turns into a monthly payment unless you download a trial and don't cancel it (typically you would cancel it on day 6).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Glenn 8675309 , finally picked it up again. Installed Creative Cloud (without subscription) and updated the standalone Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements. Unfortunately it still identifies my purchased serial numbers as invalid or expired. Standalone apps are not offered anymore so I wonder if starting a free trial of purchased membership would fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe service desk tried to resolve the problem but was finally not able to. Received new serial numbers and now everything was okay again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines