• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw files will not open using Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing software version 3.0 in my Sony A7IV, I can no longer open new raw files in Photoshop Elements 2022. Strangely, it's only the raw files for photos taken after the software update that can't be opened. Older raw files can still be opened. The new raw files can be opened using Sony's Imaging Edge Desktop software, so the files are apparently not corrupt. I downloaded the trial version of Photoshop Elements 2024 with the latest version of the Adobe Camera Raw plugin, but new raw files still will not open. Any solution suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Unfortunately, even Photoshop Elements 2024 doesn't install the latest camera raw update of 16.2.1, which should work with your Sony A7IV firmware 3.

You can update both Photoshop Elements 2022 and 2024 to the latest Camera Raw by following the directions in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/manually-install-adobe-camera-raw-acr-nicer-to-look-at/td-p/14539971

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, even Photoshop Elements 2024 doesn't install the latest camera raw update of 16.2.1, which should work with your Sony A7IV firmware 3.

You can update both Photoshop Elements 2022 and 2024 to the latest Camera Raw by following the directions in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/manually-install-adobe-camera-raw-acr-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You were correct. The Photoshop Elements 2024 that I downloaded did not have the latest version of Camera Raw. I followed the instructions in the link you provided and successfully updated Camera Raw for both the 2022 and 2024 versions of Photoshop Elements. I can now open all raw files. I never would have figured this out myself, so I greatly appreciate you taking the time to assist me with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines