• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW files with a Nikon Z6II

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After being all happy about my new Nikon Z6II and getting Elements 2021, I was stunned to find that the RAW files from this camera cannot be read. Does anyone have a solution?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera requires Adobe Camera Raw 13.1 or later. According to the Adobe table linked below, Elements 2021 is not compatible with Camera Raw beyond 13.0.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

However, try this Adobe workaround to update Elements to the current version of Adobe Camera Raw (currently 13.3).

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

You should then be able to open your Z6 II Raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that "work around" a couple of days ago, and have camera raw 13.3 in PSE 2021- it's not the same version of  ACR 13.3 found in photoshop.   (It's around a 535 MB download).

2021-08-12_144618.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not the same version of  ACR 13.3 found in photoshop.

Yes. Although Elements ACR is a cut down version with less features than ACR for full Photoshop, it will still open Raw files from supported cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The internal coding of the plugin displays the relevant camera raw options depending on whether one is using photoshop elements or photoshop. All the camera raw plugins for photoshop, even the ones not released for photoshop elements have that coding as far as i know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense.  In comparing the two (I've gone over to the darkside and signed up for photoshop- on $10.84 (with tax) a month), it seems obvious that they just "turn off features" for photoshop elements.  Nothing to lose any sleep over, or start any "Yeah, but I don't see why...." conversations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the photos do not display in Elements but when I click on the file it does open my photos. Thank you for this (but still hoping for an upgrade that will let Elements 2021 open Nikon Z6II Raw files correctly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to get my money back for PS E since. I don't feel I should have to do a work-around to use it with my Nikon z6ii for NEF RAW files? This seems to be one of the only cameras that PSE can't work with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, a refund won't happen (I don't work for Adobe- however, it seens quite unlikey that you would get a refund).  Install ACR as directed (bump it up to acr 14.0 if you want to) and you will be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines