• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw files won't open in Elements 11 any more

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Elements 11 and have the raw converter 7.1 installed. This worked well until I transferred the catalgue to a new computer. Now I can't open any raw fles. I get told the pug in doesn't support the camera...but it always has before.

Any ideas please?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a new camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's the same one I've been using for years. I tried downloading the dng converter which works well, but I really don't want to convert every single file in my catalogue to see the images. At the moment the raw, unedited images are greyed out, hundreds of them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rachaelw79155007 said:  I am using Elements 11 and have the raw converter 7.1 installed.

Elements 11 was updated to ACR 7.4.   What camera do you have?  Do you have an update available under the Help menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are unable to update to ACR 7.4 using the Help>Updates method, you can try updating camera raw using the workaround found here.  You must follow the instructions precisely.  Note the following:

• Download the update for ACR 10.5
  • The Plug-in file that you must copy from one directory to the other is named Camera Raw.8bi
  • You must copy the plug-in file to the following directory:  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 11\File Formats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thank you so much, that worked very well .
Very clear and straightforward to do as well.

Great support!

Rachael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow -up, although this new version of the plug in loaded the images from my files, which is great, I now find i can't use it to edit the pictures. It says it's not compatible with this version of Elements. Any suggestions please??!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct.  ACR 10 cannot be used in the Elements 11 Editor.  Sorry about that, but it was the earliest version I could find for download.  So before I give you another suggestion, I would like you to confirm the model of your camera.  And also please let us know what error message you received when trying to update Elements 11?  Or was the Help>Updates simply greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Obtener Outlook para Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines