• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW Incompatibility with PSE 14

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop Elements 14 for a few years to import RAW format images from my Pentax K3 with no problems. Recently I jumped ship and bought a Fujifilm X S-10 using the Fuji RAF RAW format. When I tried to import RAF format images to PSE 14  I got an error message saying the images were not supported in PSE 14. I understood they would be supported, but no-go, so for a while I have been using the DNG RAW file Converter program from which I then impprt the images to PSE 14 but would prefer to use PSE 14. Can anyone help me with this? Or do I need to upgrade to a more recent version of PSE?

[Typo in title edited by moderator]

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go here, download ACR 14.0 , your camera is supported with acr 14.0.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Install it.

Search for this file: CAMERA RAW.8bi (the date of the file should be 9 / 30 / 2021)
COPY THAT FILE ONCE YOU FIND IT. 

PASTE IT HERE: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 20\File Formats
That location is for pse 2022-- LOOK FOR THE FILE FOLDER APPROPRIATE TO YOUR VERSION.  SAME LOCATION DEPICTED ABOVE, BUT IT WON'T SAY elements 20 IT WILL say whatever version 14 is listed as.

It goes in the file formats folder.
IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER files with the .8bi extension in that same location: DELETE THEM.

RESTART THE PROGRAM.

Sit back and say "WOW! That's what I'm talkin' bout!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just attempted this  workaround with Elements 14 and it doesn't work.  Although, System Info reports that ACR 14 is installed without problem, I was unable to open a raw file with it.  I get an error message that the ACR plug-in is not compatible with this version of Elements.  So, unless somebody can prove me wrong, you will have to purchase a newer version of Elements to open the raw files from your new camera.

And for anyone else who wants to try this workaround, I recommend that, instead of deleting it, you rename the existing Camera Raw.8bi file to ~Camera Raw.8bi.  Taking this precaution allowed me to restore the file when I confirmed that the newer plug-in wouldn't work.  If the file had been deleted, the program would have had to be uninstalled and reinstalled to get the ACR to work again.

Added:  @Fred2216394120hr, your camera requires ACR 13 which is installed with Elements 2022.  So there would be no need to upgrade to ACR 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Greg_S., I can confirm that you're correct. I still have PSE 14 Imstalled and I also have Photoshop v23.0.2 installed. I just copied the Camera Raw.8bi file to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 14\File Formats. PSE 14 System Info does show ACR 14.0.1 installed but I get the same Error message that you mention. I doubt that @Glenn 8675309 even tried his workaround.

2021-12-10 11_22_02-Photoshop Elements 14 Editor.png

2021-12-10 11_31_14-Error.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again
I just posted a thank you and said I had no alternative but to upgrade to
the latest PSE.
What I forgot to mention is that I am not as computer savvy as most and
find technically beyond me the accessing and downloading and then loading
the plug ins...etc.
I just like taking pictures.

So, was wondering if you knew that if I WAS to get the latest PSE that it
WOULD solve the issue I have (ie recognise the Fuji RAF RAW format and
allow me to edit in the latest PSE and in the usual way)..

Cheers and regards,,
Fred Jansohn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't try anything on any version below pse 2021... No reason for me to bother with old, unsupported software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Glenn 8675309, Then, why post a recommendation for someone to try a workaround that you have no real knowledge of? And then say "WOW! That's what I'm talkin' bout!". I don't need that kind of advice here!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That work around has worked for virtually everyone, that's why I posted it. 

No one made you a moderator- if you have a problem with one of my posts- report the post, that's how it's suppossed to work.   You say  "We don't need that kind of advice here"- you imply that you basically don't care for my input-- you are more than welcome to ignore it.

Tons of users have appreciated my help. You seem to have declared yourself  Judge of my posts

You got an issue with a particular post?  Send me a PM. I would change my post as I deem appropriate, not as you deem appropriate.

There is simply no reason, or justification for you speaking for the group (the use of "we").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Glenn 8675309, OK, I edited my post to change the "we" to "I". Do you feel better now?

Oh, and about that "Tons of users have appreciated my help" braggadocious claim that you made, I just compared your stats with mine. Although you do have a ton more posts than me, my percentage of "Likes" and "Solutions" is HIGHER than yours! And that's a fact!

Have a nice day!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for reply.

Loks like I have no alternative but to upgrade to the latest PSE!

Cheers,

Fred Jansohn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fred2216394120hr (aka @Frederick221722106r28 ?) as I mentioned earlier, your new camera only requires ACR 13 which is built into Elements 2022.  So you would not need to download and install ACR 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Please try to visit the following blog because I think it can help you very much:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/can-i-transfer-a-ps12-for-windows-to-a-p...apnpgc/

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about no? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines