• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW issues with Elements 24

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run a Win 11 PC and all worked fine until recently. My work flow is Bridge>Camera Raw> Elements 24. Now it works only with JPG files. and it bypasses as normal Camera RAW.

When opening RAW files (.RAF) Camera RAW does not open and Bridge hangs.  I need to close down Bridge to get out again. I have updated Bridge to 14.1.0 but no change and also tried the Beta version in Creative Cloud. Help please!
Harald

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use Bridge to open in ACR, but I have a Photographer's plan subscription. This allows me to open the full ACR version in Bridge (open in camera raw). If I want to ask Bridge to open in the limited PSE ACR version, even if I set Bridge to open by default in PSE 2024, that does not work. I discovered that Bridge has a setting to open both jpegs and raw in the wrong software, the home screen, not the ...editor.exe. It was set to open the PSE13 version which I had just installed for testing purpose. Once the associations have been corrected in Bridge, I can open the raws in the limited PSE ACR version. I can also open jpegs the same way if they have been edited in ACR in the past.

So, my question is: do you have a susbscription allowing using the full ACR ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to mention that I am primarily using the Organizer and only Bridge to use the full ACR version. I don't have to install the full Photoshop, so if I set Bridge as my secondary editor, I can use the option to 'open in camera raw' to get the full ACR version in Bridge.

On the other hand, If I set Bridge associations to the PSE2024 editor, I can choose to edit with it, which opens the limited PSE ACR version. So, from Bridge I can use either version, full or limited to compare them.

Of course, just like in the organizer, jpegs automatically open in ACR if they have been previously opened and saved in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines