• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Export Button Is Grayed Out.

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fore this is another option to save the "final" of the piece this would be a very useful, but the reason why I'm trying to use 'Export' is to transfer my individual layers to separate files, and the 'Export as new files' option isn't working as an alternative. So, how would I ungrey the 'Export' button?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all but one layer and then Save as the file under a new name.

Undo the deletions and then do the same for the other layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Export as  new files" is the short command name in the organizer to write to disk new files from selected files (not layers), 'New' generally means something different than simple duplicates or unchanged copies: for instance resized, converted to new format or custom renamed. 'Export' in the organizer also implies that the newly created files are made available externally to any other organizing or editing software without being included in the catalog.

The 'Save as' editor command also combines the ability to create copies while converting and/or renaming.

Since you are wanting to create new files from layers, it would help to understand what is the point of needing new files for different layers. We could perhaps suggest other solutions than the good one provided by @Peru Bob .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines