• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-sort photos (by date) in Album Order sort mode

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I reset the sort order within my Album Order sort for a given album? For example,

1. I have my Album Order as desired, which is mostly by date, oldest first, but maybe some exceptions.
  2. Then I add additional photos to the album. The dates of the new photos may be all different.
  3. If I change the sort to "Oldest First", there is no longer a way to shift the photos around.
  4. Rather than have ot manually drag every single new photo to a new location, I want to simply "Sort Album Order by Date" to reset my Album Order and start over.

There used to be an option for this in past versions of Elements (I only recently upgraded). Please tell me this is still possible somehow.

thanks!

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember there being an option to reset an album order.  My suggestion would be to simply create a new album from the images in your current album. 

• Select the existing album,
  • Use the sort by date option,
  • Select all the images and
  • Create a new album

The new album should be in your desired date order and you can move around the few images that need to be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg for the response. That's unfortunate that they removed that option from the interface (it was definitely there in PSE 8, which was the version I upgraded from). I will give your solution a try, though it is quite a clumsy workaround for something that was so easy to do before (and that I do very frequently). 

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stephen,

I am very surprised about the loss of an option in the album sort orders. I just had a look at catalogs in PSE6 and PSE10 and did not find anything. Furthermore, I remember well that the workaround suggested by Greg was already discussed in various forums for older versions. I believe that the only change in recent versions has been the sort order displayed by default.

You can always switch from date order to album order when you want. The date order is based on files properties and it ignores the 'playlist' you have previously defined. So, if you want to start with an automatic date sort and change the album sort order by moving around, follow the steps:

- create an empty new album

- select the original album

- set it to date order

- select all

- drag and drop the new album name from the album list on the left to anyone of the highlighted items in the browsing space.

Now, the catalog copy is the same in date order as in album order.

You can set it to album order and organize as you want. The date order is not changed, the original catalog is still there and available until you decide to delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines