Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovery of album [was: map] structure

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have yesterday changed my window start to a new SSD. After this I remember I had a rather big map album structure defined in my organizer. Is there a way to transfer this from from my old files on the old disk to a new installation on the new SSD?

I run Elements 14 on windows 10.

/Lars

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd wrote wrong it should have been Album structure not Map structure!

/Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Albums or tag hierarchies are kept and managed in your catalogs.

If you want to keep the same hierarchies and organization when upgrading to a new Elements versions you may be in one of those situations:

- you are moving both your catalog and your photo files to a new computer or drive: then use the recommended option to move to another computer:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

- You keep your photo files on the same computer and install the new pse version on the same computer, you simply use the catalog manager of the new version to 'convert' the old catalog to the new format. The old catalog is kept and a new one is created in the new format. The album and tag organization is converted to the new format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

The problem is that I didn't do a backup of my catalog before changing to the new SSD. More is that I copied all my picturefiles to the new SSD but with a new file/folder structure, reason the structure on the old HDD was to complicated.

My need is more that I need only the Album structure copied to the new installation on the new SSD, is it not possible to copy some single files containing the Albums from the the old HDD to the SSD? I didn't have to many pictures in the albums but the album structure where pretty big, meaning if I get the old album structure I can fill the different albums with the picture links manually!

/Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!

I didn't know I could start the old program on my old disk but I did start with HDD (D:)/Program/Photoshop Elements 14/ WelcomeScreen/Adobe Photoshop Elements 14.0! I was happy for a second but when it started I could see the old map structure in the Map panel but in the Album panel I see no structure at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi  @lars Ã¥ket29847624 ,
Can you please upload the  screenshot of your albums panel and maps panel here  ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines