• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangular tool

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 2022 on my Windows computer and I do not have the rectangular tool in my toolbar. With my research, I've tried to Edit > Toolbar, but there is not a toolbar option in the Edit tab. Neither is there three dots at the bottom of the toolbar to bring up an extended menu to make changes.

Is there another way for me to edit my toolbar and access the rectangular tool?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using photoshop elements 2022 and not photoshop 2022?

In photoshop go to Help>System Info and look at the top line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements, should have specified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Elements 2022, it will open up in the Quick edit mode by default.  Change to Expert mode and the remaining tools will appear.

Snap_2022.08.22_15h53m43s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have photoshop elements but that's my issue. It's not in the expert mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this:

Restore default preferences
Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.
A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines