• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reducing by percentage

Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, let me say that I am math challenged.:)

I have a number of die cuts I need to scan and reduce by 60%. I know I can do it by going into Resize and just changing the numbers for height and width, and making sure they are proportionate. However, I was wondering if there was another way to do it to get it to exactly 60% smaller.

(I'm so old, I remember working in a newsroom where the graphic designers had some kind of wheel that they turned that helped them resize the photos...)

Many thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Try this instead:

1. Go to File>new>blank file and enter the dimensions for your canvas (8.5"x11"), resolution 200 px/in, background to suit.

2. Go to File>Place and point to Image #1. Place. This will come in on a separate layer. Use the corner handle of the bounding box to resize the image, and position it.

3. Repeat for images 2 & 3. At this stage you should have 4 layers,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go Image>Resize>image size 

In the dialog that comes up, you can change the scale to percent in the drop-down next to H & W.

Enter the appropruate percentage (40%). Check Constrain proportions & Resample

You state that you have multiple scans which require 60 % size reduction. You can batch process by going to File>Process multiple files for this operation. Enter the values delineated above.

TIP:

Place the scans in a dedicated source folder, and  create a separate destination folder so as not to overwrite the originals.

Also, aggregate portrait and landscape orientaed scans into separate folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hatstead, Thanks very much for your quick reply. Do you mean the pixels dimensions or the document size drop downs?

Because I tried both, and ended up with teeny tiny images, like way too small. Here is my original scan, three images on one 8.5" x 11" sheet at 200 dpi, saved as BMP.  I'm not sure if I was clear in my original post, but I need them to each be 60% smaller.

What might I be doing incorrectly? Thanks!Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this instead:

1. Go to File>new>blank file and enter the dimensions for your canvas (8.5"x11"), resolution 200 px/in, background to suit.

2. Go to File>Place and point to Image #1. Place. This will come in on a separate layer. Use the corner handle of the bounding box to resize the image, and position it.

3. Repeat for images 2 & 3. At this stage you should have 4 layers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines