• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refine Selection Brush not working properly in PSE 2018

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue.  The Refine Selection Brush is deselecting instead of selecting in PSE 2018.  I tried reversing the selection to add to the selection, but that did not work either.  I open the same file in PSE 14 and PSE 15, and everything works as it should.  I figure I will call Adobe tomorrow and let them know, so they can fix this issue.  Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here in PSE 2021.

e.g. in the add modus

The dark grey circle is adding areas to the selection (which is right), the light grey circle is subtracting areas !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shots always help explain...2021-03-25_042332.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reaction.

In fact i first was watching the webpage https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/tutorials/how-to-use-photoshop-elements-refine-selection-brush-to...

I downloaded the file of the goat and i see that my result is not the same like in the video.

On the left side of my image you see the original selection, on the right side you see the result after clicking and holding a while in the add (!!!) modus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot (try not to it as an attachment- click on the little image icon next to the filmstrip icon) above the text box where you psot your responses), of the enitre program like this:

2021-03-25_042332.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for helping me. I'll repeat my message and post the screenshot the right way.

In fact i first was watching the webpage https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/tutorials/how-to-use-photoshop-elements-refine-selection-brush-to...

I downloaded the file of the goat and i see that my result is not the same like in the video.

On the left side of my image you see the original selection, on the right side you see the result after clicking and holding a while in the add (!!!) modus.
RefineSelectionBrush (2).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a screenshot of the entire program... what you posted is pretty much useless.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now with two screenshots of the entire program: before + after

Before.jpgAfter.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines