• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalled Elements 2021 will not run on upgraded macOS [was: Photoshop]

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop not working. This is maybe the worst software experience I've had in the past 10 years. Earlier in 2021 I bought Adobe Elements 2021 and installed it. It worked okay. I had to uninstall it to get disk space to upgrade the Mac operating system. I then tried to reinstall Elements with the purchase s/n, purchase code etc. It looked like it installed, but won't run. The wheel turns and then nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Nothing. All the other programs I needed to uninstall and reinstall have worked fine, except this one. The interface to the software looks 10-20 years old. Anyway, that's my experience.

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to this friendly forum.

A bit more info would help!

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences?

If you have Photoshop Elements please post in the Photoshop Elements forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/ct-p/ct-photoshop-elements?page=1&sort=latest_repl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob224129379eo4 wrote:

I then tried to reinstall Elements with the purchase s/n, purchase code etc. It looked like it installed, but won't run.

Hi Bob,

Since your question appears to be about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted.

You mentioned uninstalling to get free space. How much free space do you have now?

I only work with Photoshop (where you posted), and know that PS will not run unless it has enough free space, which is called scratch space. I don't know if Elements is the same.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I had to uninstall it to get disk space to upgrade the Mac operating system. 

Which Mac model are you running? MacBook Air with 256GB SSD perhaps?

Which macOS did you upgrade from and to? Are you now running macOS Monterey?

If you haven't already done so, update Monterey to 12.1 (released 13 Dec)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212585

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines