• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalling Photoshop [Elements] 2019 on new laptop

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Photoshop 2019. Have one license on a desktop computer, and had the other on a laptop.

Recently got a new laptop and passed on the old laptop to a friend after uninstalling all my programs, files, etc including Photoshop and resetting. Am now trying to install the other licence on my new laptop. 

However, the link on the installation disk now only facilitates download of the 2020 or 2021 version. I tried using the CD instead, but received the error message in the attached photograph. 

I may have erroneously deactivated/uninstalled it from my previous laptop. Online troubleshooting states that 'We can help you deactivate your app from your old device. Make sure that you have your serial number or Adobe ID handy, and then contact us.' I would like to do so, but cannot find a point of contact.

Any help much appreciated!Screenshot (1).png

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Greg,

You mean to "sign out" from the help menu, not to deinstall the program.

This is how to "deactivate" the link between your  hardware and the activation servers to check your license.

You are allowed two activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»However, the link on the installation disk now only facilitates download of the 2020 or 2021 version. I tried using the CD instead, but received the error message in the attached photograph.«

What CD? Photoshop has not been distributed on CD by Adobe for a long time. 

As far as I know the Creative Cloud application is not intended to provide older full versions than the one immediately previous to the current one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a physical installation disk (two actually, one for Mac and one for windows) which I used to install it on the desktop computer. Bought it in 2018. When I tried to use it to install on my new laptop, received the error message and thought it might be because the licence on my old laptop has not been deactivated properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if Adobe's live chat function is currently not accessible due to the holidays? Have used it previously to resolve something, but can't seem to find it now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows are trying to install Photoshop Elements not Photoshop. I will move your post to the Photoshop Elements forum.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop elements 2019 on an older laptop.  I do not want to install any other adobe products at this time.  I see posts that have describe the same error message that I need to update to ie 11.  I have microsoft edge.

Can someone identify what a single user can do to install elements on a new laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gcchow,  if you have Photoshop Elements 2019 activated on only one computer, you should simply install the program on your new laptop.  If you don't need it on your old laptop, you should uninstall the program.  That way, you will have no problem activating the program on a second computer, if you want to do so in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

You mean to "sign out" from the help menu, not to deinstall the program.

This is how to "deactivate" the link between your  hardware and the activation servers to check your license.

You are allowed two activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a similar problem on my MacOS Cataline system... I'm not able to open an existing Photophop installation to deactivate it, and I can't reinstall either. Is there a folder/file that can be removed to allow reinstallation? My installer signs in via a browser window then does nothing. Closing the browser window which indicates a successful sign-in (and saying the installation should now continue) just means that eventually another browser/sign-in window opens. Eventually the installer program says Adbobe servers cannot be reached. Anti-virus has been removed, firewall disabled, internet is connected by both wi-fi and ethernet... and Adobe seems to have zero options to contact human support by phone or chat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to load Adobe Elements 2021 on to my new laptop. My question is, how do I transfer/capture all of my tag data and thumbnails from my old laptop on to the new one? Currently the Elements Organizer on the new laptop is a clean slate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alexmp, you need to backup and restore the catalog from one computer to the other.  See this HelpX article for instructions.  If you need further help, please start a new discussion thread as this is an older thread and it becomes more difficult to respond to your specific situation and questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I'll give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a little muddling around I think I'm good to go now. Thanks again for your assistance in helping me to get my catalog information on to my new laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines