• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reloading PS Elements 2022

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased PS Elements 2022 from Microsoft Store last year. My old laptop died a couple of days ago. I bought a new one. Downloaded Elements. It asked for my product key. Don't have it. I do have my original MS purchase receipt. Spent an hour chatting with MS rep. He said there's nothing they can do and I need to explain the situation to an Adobe rep. Can find nowhere where I can connect live with Adobe (other than virtual agent) to explain the situation. Regrettably I didn't registern the program in my Adobe account when I bought it. MS has emailed me confirming that I paid for the program and that there's nothing they can do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer.  You can start a chat session with Adobe Support by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Hours of operation outside of the United States are limited. See the phone link for details.

Frankly, I think MS is giving you the runaround.  But please report back if you are able to resolve the issue and who takes care of it.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

Thanks so much for your quick reply!!! I just got off the phone with Adobe Tech Support and was SHOCKED by what I was told. Despite the fact that I purchased the software from Microsoft (not some 3rd world company) and have a valid receipt for it, and was able to use it for the past 14 months without a hitch until my old laptop died, they tell me that MS sold me an "unauthorized or counterfeit" product and that Microsoft has not been an authrorized reseller for a decade. I'm now stuck in the middle of 2 software giants both pointing the finger at each other, apparently without any possible resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jennifer28407005nl8p, do not despair.  I am going to try to escalate your problem to somebody who may be able to help.  There have been some recent changes in the way activations are occuring and so you may have been caught up in those changes.  But, it was my understanding that MS sells its own version of Elements and is in charge of the licensing because, as I understand it, you are entitled to license the MS version on more than two devices which is the limit of the Adobe activation license.

In the meantime, I suggest you go back to MS and/or Adobe Support and ask to speak with a supervisor if you cannot get help from the first responder.

I'm sorry we cannot be of more help to you, but this is a user-to-user forum and we have no power over the licensing other than to point you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jennifer, you may want to look at my comments in this thread about a related issue.  I actually had a chat with an MS Support person and was told that the way to transfer a MS Store bought program is to use your Microsoft Account on the new computer.  But I was also told that Elements could only be licensed on one computer, whereas this page suggets you can use your Microsoft account to install apps on 10 devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jennifer28407005nl8p if you have not yet resolved your issue, here is the official Adobe FAQ that confirms you need to speak to Microsoft Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines