• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Access to Online Help in Elements 7

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had an ongoing problem where Elements 7 will start uncontrollably and rapidly opening page after page of Adobe Online Help.

I have had this happen numerous times with both Chrome and Pale Moon.

There is no rhyme nor reason for these occurrences and no one particular maneuver that triggers it to happen.

The problem is getting worse and happening more often.

I have tried numerous solutions and deleted Preferences many times and nothing has solved the problem.

My question is:

I want to permanently remove Elements 7 ability to access my browser and call up these Help pages.

Can someone tell me exactly what to look for in the installation files that I can remove to accomplish this ?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if going to Edit>Preferences>General and unchecking Show Tooltips makes any difference.

You see in earlier versions of photoshop elements if one accidentally clicked on most Tooltips that would open Online Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the idea, however tool tips are already Off.

It just does not open a single instance of Online Help; once it starts, it will rapidly open thousands of them and would continue to do so until I disconnect the Ethernet.

On the last occasion that it did this, anything I did would trigger the avalanche of Help pages, including opening any of the drop-down menus, adding a blank layer, zooming with the mouse wheel, applying any tool to the image.

If I just knew which component in the installation files called up the browser, I could remove it and problem permanently solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines