• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing Area Around Image

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 version 17.0.  In the image below, I am wanting to eliminate the portion around the image that is show as being clear.  Can someone please let me know if it is possible and if so how I can do it?  The reason I would like to have it removed is that I am making a video that has several photographs as well as video and when I use images such as the one below, it shows as white in my video program.

REDUCED SIZE IMAGE-C.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not exactly clear about your question.  What video editor are you using? And what are you expecting to see in the transparent area?  Most video editors with which I am familiar will show, by default, a black background behind any transparent image such as your png file.  (This is true of Elements Premiere if that is what you are using.)  This can be changed by putting a colored background track behind your photo.  Here, I have placed a green background on the track below your image:

Ashampoo_Snap_Saturday, September 12, 2020_22h49m06s_002_.png

Perhaps your video editor does not recognize or use an alpha channel which maintains the transparency of your png file.  As you will see, although the file contains a transparent background, looking at it within a forum page, you will see it has a white background (from the forum webpage design).  If you click on it, the image will go to a photo viewer where the transparency is maintained. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines