• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing the Elements background/desktop/workspace/pasteboard?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of Elements, it was possible to set the gray background/desktop/workspace/pasteboard/whatever so that it did not appear when the last image was closed. This was done in Preferences.

However, I have looked up and down preferences in Elements 2020 and I have not found it.

I have no use for this workspace to be showing when there is no image open. It must either be closed when closing the last image or I must actively use the app switcher to switch to another app, rather than just clicking on the Mac desktop. When I restart my Mac after Elements has been left running, the first thing I seee is the empty Elements workspace. Pointless.

How can I set this so that the workspace does not appear when the last image is closed?

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the Application Frame or more specifically Window>Application Frame?

The last version of photoshop elements on mac that the Application Frame could turned off was photoshop elements 10.

Photoshop elements 11 thru photoshop elements 2022 don't have the option to turn off the Application Frame.

Photoshop elements 8 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 with the Application Frame turned off

apf.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see "Application Frame" under the Window menu on my version. I'm talking about the dark gray area in the screenshot below. It takes over the whole screen when Elements is frontmost. I don't see any option to turn this off. For the life of me, I don't know why Adobe and other developers remove useful features and controls from their software.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 10.40.10 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe did away with the option to turn off the Application Frame, which when turned off eliminates the dark gray area so you would see the desktop after closing all open documents starting with pse 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines