• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolution changes with crop tool

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the resolution change when I use the crop tool? The original image was 300 Pixels/Inch, and when I crop, the resolution changes to 4.512 Pixels/Inch. I have used the full version of Photoshop for decades and have never see this. Why is Elements doing this, and can I change this behavior? It is really annoying to have to change the resolution back to 300 Pixels/Inch whenever I crop an image.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Have a look on the crop tool's option bar. You should see a field where you can (manually) set the resolution for the cropped image.

If that does not work for you, use the rectangular marquee tool to define the crop, then go to Image>Crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look on the crop tool's option bar. You should see a field where you can (manually) set the resolution for the cropped image.

If that does not work for you, use the rectangular marquee tool to define the crop, then go to Image>Crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I really haven't looked at these options, because it clearly works a bit different in the full version of Photoshop. I do appreciate your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @hatstead says, there is an option for the Crop tool to change the resolution. 

Snap_2022.05.17_11h17m6s_001.png

I just did some testing with this option and it appears to be sticky.  In other words, if you have previously used the Crop tool and changed the resolution for the crop, the chosen resolution will remain in effect until you change the resolution again.  This happens even if you close and relaunch the program.

Let us know if you see something different, particularly if you change the resolution back to its default blank resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines