• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restore a backup from PSE 10 to PSE 2022 with tags

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to PSE 2022 and restored my backup from PSE 10 however while the photos have arrived I can't see any tags that have arrived, also there was a list of files that couldn't be restored so I'm not yet sure what these are. Can anyone help me with this? 

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update I have found the tags now as there is a button at the bottom named Keyword/Info which now displays all my tags at the right hand side. However the organiser screen is different from PSE 10 in that photos are all tiled together in PSE 2022 and therefore I am unable to tell which photos have tags and which don't unlike PSE 10 which shows each photos tag and date and time they were taken. Is there any way to display this info in PSE 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

second update the answer is yes it is in the View menu so all I need to know now is to find out about the files that weren't able to be imported..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

second update the answer is yes it is in the View menu so all I need to know now is to find out about the files that weren't able to be imported..

By @basilfaulty

The main reason for files which can't be restored (except for missing files) is for files in a no longer supported format in recent versions. For instance, JPEG2000. What's really annoying for pdfs is that only 'Photoshop pdf' format is still supported.The normal pdf format of Acrobat, Illustrator, Indesign... is no longer supported. I suppose that there may be more video formats like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines