• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restore stuck on 99%

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2023 restore from my full backup to a new installation is stuck at 99%. It first hung at 81% for several hours and then moved on.  Now it has been at 99% for several hours. I have a new installation of Windows 11 and Photoshop Elements 2023.  Am restoring from a Full backup; probably about 20,000 pictures and 50 videos.  Do I cancel or wait? 

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Withdraw.  Apparently the way complete the restore was to ask for help.  As soon as I posted, it completed successfully.  Had about 50 pictures that were unconnected, but PSE 2023 reconnected them easily.  Ended up with 24K items.  Took about 48 hours for the full restore to complete, but looks like it workd fine.  Thanks....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Reg1987.  I'm curious.  Do you have a lot of images that have been face recognized?  And/or do you have a lot of edited raw files in your catalog.  If so, a large number of very small text files are created which take an exponentially longer time to backup or restore.  And, yes, it can take many hours (or even a couple of days) to restore a large catalog, particularly if the backup is stored on a slow external drive. The missing files may also add to the time involved.  Glad it worked out for you OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines