• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restore to new PC

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, I am hoping for your help as I am stuck again. My old PC died, no life at all when turned on, so I bought a new one. I installed Elements 2020 again and am stuck at how to restore the catalog, it asks if ok to overwrite the files on my Hard Drive containing the photos. I don`t remember this from my last reinstall in April 2020. I still have the old HD but if I start Elements using that I still get the no photos screen. Another complication is that not all photos are backed up, - old PC was being difficult and slow - these can be copied to another drive for safety if required.

Hoping for an easy answer

John

PS can I copy the old installation to the new PC?

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

I now have all my files back and .ARW files as well, after reading posts about the 2021 update. That has now been put on "remind me later", and all seems to be now working (crosses fingers, touches wood). When I have been through all files, stacked versions, and done a backup, I may try to install 2021 again. So another user not happy about the update - first one to cause problems though.

Bye for now

John

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe forums.

Have you saved the full backup of your catalogs? If yes, you can easily restore them to your new system. To restore the catalog backup, please select the backup.tly file(from backup folder) and create a new folder on the drive and browse the folder location to restore the catalog.

Please let us know if you still have any queries.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did not have a full backup, so am importing all to new PC - Dell Inspiron 3881 wthi3 at 3.6Mhz, 8|Gb of 2400 Ram but only Intel UHD630 graphics, Above ,minimum spec, but a bit slow, old PC had slightly overclocked CPU and Ram!

The problem I have is not all edits of photos are shown, edit3 is there but not edit 2,1,orARW, reimporting only shows box saying no fresh imports, using View to  search for that day reveals no more. The edits are all on the hard drive though. Should I have imported folder by folder or do I need a Graphics card? Recommendations?

I am taking the opportunity to look and vet all photos - all 150,000of them

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have all my files back and .ARW files as well, after reading posts about the 2021 update. That has now been put on "remind me later", and all seems to be now working (crosses fingers, touches wood). When I have been through all files, stacked versions, and done a backup, I may try to install 2021 again. So another user not happy about the update - first one to cause problems though.

Bye for now

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I lost 6 Images from a single folder and my catalog as approx 35000 images.  Is there a way to locate the 6 images from the backup file and only replace those that were lost.  How they were lost is a long story but then images were overwritten but for the file name with the ne image.

H Barrison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines