• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restoring catalog for Elements 11 before upgrading to Elements 2022

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard drive failed. Recent backup done. Replaced hard drive. Restored data. Pictures are restored. Installed Elements 11 but the catalog is not found. On my backup I have the path: Users/wilso/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/ and in that are several folders including Elements Organizer and Photoshop Elements

-------------

On my new hard drive I have C: Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Elements 11 Organizer.

-----

I attempted to retore the Elements Organizer folder from the backup to the hard drive folder  OS (C:) Program Files (x86)/Adobe/.   I'm not sure the backup folder named Elements Organizer has the catalog in it. When I attempted to retore that folder, all it copied were empty folders.

A less important question is in regard to migration.

I am planning to finally move forward to the current Photoshop Elements. I have some files in pse format. I read that the pse format is no longer used. Will I lose the ability to open pse files when I migrate forward? If not, will I lose the layers in the pse files as I migrate forward?

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Problem overcame. I had a catalog backup from a few months ago, so I restored that ratheer than use the Windows backup. I'll share some details that may help others. I had all my photo files on my new hard drive in the same locations as on the old hard drive. When I began restoring the backup file, a dialogue asked if I wanted to use the original location and folders. I clicked on that choice. It bagan the process and soon a dialogue appeared that asked if I wanted to use a backup file (it gave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hard drive backup I mentioned above was completed in Windows 10 using the Microsoft Windows 7 backup utility. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem overcame. I had a catalog backup from a few months ago, so I restored that ratheer than use the Windows backup. I'll share some details that may help others. I had all my photo files on my new hard drive in the same locations as on the old hard drive. When I began restoring the backup file, a dialogue asked if I wanted to use the original location and folders. I clicked on that choice. It bagan the process and soon a dialogue appeared that asked if I wanted to use a backup file (it gave the name)  to overwrite the same file that was already on my hard drive. It gave me options including "Yes" " Yes to all," "No," and "No to all." I didn't want to overwrite the files nor did I want to click "No" 30,000+ times, so I clicked "No to all." The backup took several minutes, but not nearly as long as if I had told it "Yes to all" to overwrite all my files. After the restore was completed, it took a few more minutes for the organizer to refresh with my file structure and show thumbnails. 

I never did figure out how to restore the catalog from the Windows backup file.  I guess that will teach me to run the backup more often. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pardon the typos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines