• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restoring catalogue in PE10

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing PE10 on new laptop I have noticed that although it has picked up the tagging on the photos in My Pictures I can't select individual tags in Organiser thereby rendering them useless. Could I now restore the catalogue from my previous installation which probably is what I should have done in the first place or does that mean that I'll be doubling up on all the pictures. Can I just delete the present catalogue and restore the previous one? I must confess that I am a bit of a newby at this. Running PE 10 on Win7 Prof.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure I understand your question.

I suggest to read that tech doc to  migrate to a new computer via backup and restore:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

Your tagging is  kept in the catalogues. Writing the keywords and metadata to the files themselves is optional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. I know how to restore the catalogue but as all the pictures are already on the laptop I didn't want to create hundreds od duplicates. I will now delete the existing photos in Pictures folder, re-install PE10 and restore the catalogue from the old computer. That should preserve all the tagging and the grouping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, your strategy to should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines