• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As JPG or TIFF - Stop showing Options

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I "Save As" an image to JPEG or TIFF formats, for example, I always get prompted with the Options box after I specify the filename and location. Is there any way to stop getting this and just have my defautlts be what I want, i.e, Quality Options, etc..  It's an extra step that I don't need. I always want to save my  JPG files at maximum quality.

ThanksD

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those save settings are 'sticky'. That's the smart solution.

It's an extra step that I don't need.

Sorry, but creating such 'presets' in your preferences would be considered as unneeded by most Elements users; it's very important to verify the settings, especially if they are often changed depending on your output preferences.

I always want to save my JPG files at maximum quality.

It's your choice.As far as I know, most users use a setting like 10 instead of 12: the file size is much smaller and you can't see the difference. If you want maximum quality and the ability to re-process your image many times, use psd or tiff formats. Or open those jpegs in ACR to take advantage on the non-destructive parametric editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the reply!  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

The more I use Organizer the more I miss the features in lightroom.  I'm beginning to think I may need to just use Lightroom for my organization and searching and forgo Organizer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good solution, since you can still use the Lightroom Library module when you cease to subscribe.

I think you should test the Elemental Plugin for best integration between LR and PSE.

https://photographers-toolbox.com/products/mdawson/tpgelemental/

Lightroom has a serious advantage for presets and customization; it also offers more parametric editing features than the ACR of PSE. On the other hand, that ACR plugin can read parametric edits from LR and may support newer cameras than your old LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines