• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved file too large to open .

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a greetings card and saved as PSD file but can't open again as 'too large'..I want to work on it again.... the jpeg is fine...

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am helping my wife with this!  The link you have given refers to registry values that do not exist on her computer.  The expected path is given as

For 64bit Operating system:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\elements organizer\X.0\Organizer

NOTE: X is the version number, so if you have Photoshop Elements 10.0 navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\elements organizer\10.0\Organizer

But the attached image shows the registery path,

Screenshot 2020-10-13 165218.png

That is no Elements Organizer.

How should I proceed to access the MaxImageSize DWORD ?

Please reply to [email address removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not mention your mail adress, not only because it's against the rules of the forum, but mainly because it's the best way to be flooded with lots of spam.

Really, I would not bother to try the workaround to edit the registry. The question is why do your wife need such big files for greeting cards?

- what is so special in the pdf version to require such big size? Huge scanned files? many smart layers?

- the limitation is mainly to prevent displaying thumbnails in the organizer. If you have a jpeg version of the psd in a version set, that's the jpg version which will be displayed in the organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, you're correct about the email address. Foolish of me but was trying to direct response to me to avoid further marital stress.

The file in question is an Adobe psd file. It was created and saved but it cannot be reopened in Photoshop15 for further editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to create nice greeting cards in PSE is very limited. I utilize Greeting Card Factory DeLuxe by Nova Deveopment. I import pictures/graphics that have been enhanced in PSE and make 2-fold or 4-fold cards with their templates. The program has the capability to generate other documents as well. I have no commercial connection to Nova.

https://www.staples.com/nova-greeting-card-factory-deluxe-1-user-dvd-rmwt-nrs/product_24341069?cid=P...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines