• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving a PSD file in PSE

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac OS is Big Sur. I have Photoshop Elements 2022. I have 359 GB of storage left on computer.  It takes forever to save my PSD files.  Any thoughts why it would take so long?  Thank you 

TOPICS
Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the "saving" process more expeditious when saving a JPEG file?

Presumably you may have multiple layers in the PSD files, although I have never encountered a delay with PSD.

What happens when you save something in another application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, it's faster to save a jpg file.  Maybe I need to "flatten" my group layers. Trouble is once they are flattened I don't think I can change them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define "forever."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes 60 seconds to save a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's odd.   I work on some tempaltes (A monopoly game for example) with over 200 layers and have no issues saving- literally takes just a second. Are you saving it to an external drive?   PSE doesn't like it sometimes when I have Photoshop open...  Sometimes it helps me to simply turn the computer all the way off- go get a couple of cookies, and come back and turn it on.   wonkiness all cleared up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines