• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

saving as pdf

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating image files to send to an outside print house who have asked for .pdf files. I started with a png background image and added text.  I have saved the files with No Compression and again with High Quality. When they open the files they are not pdf. They tell me they are jpg and image quality is not great.What is going wrong? Can someone help please?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to display your file in the Adobe Acrobat reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

By @Lyn27318678mcs2

Then, you have provided one of the valid pdf formats.

Second way to verify:

Can you open the provided file in Elements or photoshop directly, without the conversion dialog at start ?

If so, that would mean that you have used 'save as' with the option for the format 'Photoshop PDF...' which is the only one available for Elements.

That flavour of pdf is a container holding a true 'Acrobat' PDF format AND a true PSD format, so it can be opened either with Acrobat (or Illustrator, Indesign...) or with PSE or Photoshop while keeping all the properties of the original file, including layers, text, shapes layer components.

Huge advantage for versatility, at the cost of a much bigger file size. This Photoshop PDF format is recognized by the organizer and can be managed like a .PSD or a .TIF.

If you want to create a simple PDF format from Elements, use a virtual PDF printer driver like the one provided by Windows (Print to PDF). You don't save, you 'print' virtually into a true Acrobat PDF format, even with multipage PDF from printing several files at the same time. The sad result is that the true PDF format is no longer supported in the organizer since a number of PSE versions.

Supply this true Acrobat version to your printing service and ask them what software they are using with PDFs and their requested PDF versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the information.

Yes, the file opens directly in Elements without the conversion dialog box. I will try the print to pdf as you suggest and see what tdhey say.

Interestingly, my previous job for them was created in exactly the same way but without added text. This DOES bring up the dialog box and was a workable file for the printer. I.m not having any luck duplicating this process though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's not the saving, but how you get the file to the print house. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines