I do a lot of scrapbooking but I want to start doing more digitally - I used to have a great simple tutorial for this but I cannot locate it!! This is what I am trying to do: I have a photo and I have a frame or cluster or something of that nature - I want the photo to fit in the space intended for the photo whether it be a circle or square or rectangle or letter or whatever - how do I go about doing that - I know you use clipping masks but not sure how to actually do all the steps - any help would be appreciated! Here is sample I found online of what I am trying to do I have attached it here for reference
This is called SETTING AN IMAGE IN TEXT
1. Open the image that you wish to use.as the source for the text.
2. The type tool has a slot for several tools (press T). Select either the horizontal or vertical type mask tool.
3. Select a blocky font. 110-130 px size. If the font is too small, you will not see much of the image
4.Don't commit (green checkmark) until you are happy with what you have. This step is irreversible.
5. Remove the non-text portion of the image. Go to Select>invere and hit Backspace on the keyboard
6. You can copy>paste the selection into another document
5. Another option is to place the type masks selection on another layer (press CTRL+J), then adding a layer style to the new layer.
Thanks for that - but I dont really want to do text - this is great for future I will bookmark - what I am trying to do is put a photo in a frame - like a decorative piece of clip art that has a space or opening for a photo - thanks!
Just so you can see I attached my photo and frame here - trying to get the photo inside this circular frame - hope this helps thanks!
Further to above, if you wish to utilize the work-flow depicted in your attached reference, do this:
1.Go to File>new>blank file
2. Using the ordinary type tool with blocky font, type your text.
3. Open the source image, go to select>all. then Edit>copy
4. Go back to where you left off in step #2 (blank file + text) and go to Edit>paste. You should have 3 layers. Make the the top layer active and press CTRL+G.
1. Open the image of the girl
2. Double click the Background layer in the layers palette to convert the locked layer into a regular layer
3.,Engage the Elliptical marquee tool. Set feather=0. Drag out an ellipse surrounding the girl.
4. Go to select>inverse and hit backspace.
5. Go to Edit stroke> (Outline) selection. Place stroke inside. Stroke width 5-10 px (experiment). Set foreground color to suit - red in your example. ok it
6. Add any decorative elements of choice.