• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scratch disk full message

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Elements installed on a relatively old (2017) Surface Pro. Originally when I purchased and installed Elements the Surface had a 128GB SSD drive (drive C:). Over time this became nearly filled up, and I added a 512GB SD card in the available slot (it is drive D:). When I load photos, it gives me a "scratch disk full" message. When I attempt to change the settings, only drive C: is seen as available for a scratch disk. Are there any other settings I need to change to have Elements recognize the additional storage on drive D:? I could obviously move stuff from C: to D: to clear space on C:, but the settings show that up to 4 drives can be selected as scratch disks, but mine only shows drive C:.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum from Photoshop ecosystem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SD cards are notoriously unreliable when used as computer storage. Don't think of moving anything there unless you have a backup. I doubt Photoshop could use an SD card as scratch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the response. I didn’t expect the software to know what kind
of storage, just that it was another drive since it had the next available
drive letter. I will try to install Elements on my wife’s PC, a newer
desktop with multiple and actual hard drives to see how it works. She has a
better monitor, anyhow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Keith28306330fxxr, I have a lot of drives on my computer and it takes the program a while to recognize the available scratch disks and show the sizes.  While I doubt that is a problem with only two drives, it sounds like the age of your machine may be a factor in its peformance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines