• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripts in Photoshop Elements 2019

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Googling various sites and using the directions from Adobe for installation, I've managed to install ScriptListener for Windows 64 into PSE 2019 and it is recoding.  PSE placed the log file on the desktop with a .log extension.  However I've not been able to execute the script.  If I place the file in the PSE Actions sub-folder and give it an .atn extension PSE states it is not compatible with this version.  How do you run the script?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripts are not actions, actions are not scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best to post in the Photoshop Elements forum – this is the Photoshop forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/bd-p/photoshop-elements?page=1&sort=latest_replies...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hans,

To use the information in the JS.log file, you'll need to create a new .jsx script. Look at the Photoshop Scripting Guide PDF to see a simple example of how to do this (pages 74-76):

Adobe Photoshop Scripting

Once you've finished writing your script, you can then run it in Elements by using File > Open.

If you want to run it as an Action, you just need to record a new Action of you performing that File > Open step in Photoshop CC, then load the resulting .atn file into Elements.

If you have limited JavaScript knowledge, you may find it easier to work with the Macros feature of Elements+:

Macros (elementsplus.net)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advice. I think I've fully explored ScriptListener options but all the Adobe documentation point to Photoshop versions and not PS Elements, though I have managed to get it to write log files.  It does seem to get quite complex to create the execution scripts but it's an option I can still explore.

I havent explored you macros option yet as I am also in direct contact with Adobe on this and it seems the macros option requires a non-Adobe plug-in.  This certainly looks a good option.

It's a work in progress. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines