• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search in Elements Organizer is locked

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated from PSE 18 to PSE 2021. To test I tried to search for "Find by media type", and after I searched for "audio" the search was locked and I can not return. The button with text "All media type" or "Back" is missing, which is there for searches on other media types. I have tried to reboot the machine and close Organizer, but return to the search at the start of the application. Is there a bug in the application? I uninstalled the 2018 version, if it matters.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Yes, You had filtered the View>Media Types menu.  Before seeing your last post, I removed Audio from the View menu and then did a Find>by Media Type>Audio search.  I got exactly the same error message as you did.  Interestingly, after clicking OK on the error message, there were still two audio files in view.  One was an AAC file and one was an mp3.    I consider that a very minor bug, but I shall report it to Adobe.  Like you, I do not maintain audio files in my catalog.  One reason is that all

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

And just to perhaps answer your question about why this happened, it is possible that you accidentally hit one of the View>Media Types keyboard shortcut keys. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have only shown a partial screenshot, so it is not clear what is happening.  In your first screenshot, it appears that you are already set to display all media but none are shown.  In the second screenshot, you are showing all available video files.  Do you actually have any video files in your Elements 2021 catalog?  Do you see a button on the right of the screen to Clear any search results?

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.04.04_13h09m14s_001_.png

Here are some more basic questions:

1. When you upgraded to Elements 2021, did your old catalog convert to the new version?
  2. Did you actually see any media in your 2021 All Media grid, before doing the Find by media search?
  3. How many media do you have in your catalog and how many of each kind?
  4. Are you able to see the Tag panel, and if so, do you have any faces recognized either in the old catalog or a newly converted catalog?
  5. Are you able to get to the menu bar and select the Find by media choices? 
  6. If you are not able to see the menu bar, do you have Autohide the task bar set in Windows?  If so, this is a known problem and you should turn the Autohide task bar option off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering!

I use the catalog only for photos, and I did this search to make sure that there were still only photos in the catalog after upgrading. I chosed to reinstall PS Elements, and then it seemed OK. I see now that I again get the same error message when I try "Find by media type".

The Clear button is present, and works, but I still get this message.

I converted the catalog, and I can not find any problems.

I saw all my photos in the All Media grid before the serarch.

I have 2800 photos in the catalog.

I see the Tag panel, but I do not use face recognizion. 

I can go to the menu bar and select Find by media. Then I get this messagebox.

I use autohide task bar in Windows, but I don't think that is the problem in this case.

Attached: Messagebox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again! 

I think it is OK now. I had unchecked video and other media in Wiew - Media types this time.

This was not the problem after the first installation. I did not see a Clear button, and I hade to search for photos after launching the Organizer. No photos in the Media grid.

Perhaps something went wrong under installation? 

Anyway, I think everything is OK now.

Thank you for help anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, You had filtered the View>Media Types menu.  Before seeing your last post, I removed Audio from the View menu and then did a Find>by Media Type>Audio search.  I got exactly the same error message as you did.  Interestingly, after clicking OK on the error message, there were still two audio files in view.  One was an AAC file and one was an mp3.    I consider that a very minor bug, but I shall report it to Adobe.  Like you, I do not maintain audio files in my catalog.  One reason is that all audio files show up in the Slideshow audio panel and that can be an annoyance.

So unless you have something to add, I will consider your problem solved.

Edited:  I took a closer look at the error message and the program is behaving exactly as expected with the Find>By Media search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to perhaps answer your question about why this happened, it is possible that you accidentally hit one of the View>Media Types keyboard shortcut keys. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're absolutely right!

I made a try and unchecked all the media types, photos included. Then I got up the screen that confused me.

As you can see, there is no Clear button, nor any button to return.

I think I filtered out all media types by accident, or perhaps only photos.

Thank you for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines