• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search with more specific Tags

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if we had an extra button to show specific tags or not. What I mean is if I tag the name of one person and the click the SPECIFIC button I get all the pictures that have ONLY that person. If I dont click on SPECIFIC, I get all the picture wuere that person appears.The same for multiple TAGS.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

As I indicated, it is possible to construct a search like that now.  In case you are not aware, here is how to do it:

1. Click on the Search button
  2. Select the People tab
  3. Click on the person you want to show in your search and then add all other tagged people who might appear in photos of that person.  A search list will appear in the bar with the OR operator [/].  In other words, the default will be to search for all photos with any of the listed People in them.
  4. Click on the operator between eac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I fully understand your request.  Are you asking for the ability to show all photos with only one person in it?  While I agree with you that it would be desirable to have more sophisticated boolean search capabilities, that would only work well if you are very compulsive with your tagging.  For example, if I only wanted to search for all photos of my daughter, I could construct a search in the Search box for my daughter, but I would also have to exclude the people who are normally in the photos of her, including my wife, son-in-law and my two grandkids.  And this would only work 100%, if every single photo with these family members has been tagged with their name.  Otherwise, the search will present photos of my daughter with other people who have not been tagged in that photo.

In any event, if you want to present a feature request to Adobe, you can fill out a form that you can find here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I would like, the option of choosing ONLY the person tagged without having other persons in the picture. It would be very practical as I have over 100,000 photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I indicated, it is possible to construct a search like that now.  In case you are not aware, here is how to do it:

1. Click on the Search button
  2. Select the People tab
  3. Click on the person you want to show in your search and then add all other tagged people who might appear in photos of that person.  A search list will appear in the bar with the OR operator [/].  In other words, the default will be to search for all photos with any of the listed People in them.
  4. Click on the operator between each name and a dropdown list will appear.  Choose Exclude [-] for each name.
  5. The search will result in showing only photos of the first person in the list and all photos with any of the other named people in them will not appear.  In other words, you should have a search result of photos containing only the first named person.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.06.28_11h57m58s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I have been using PSE for many years and did not know this existed. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines