• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select all files including those in Version Set

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PSE19 Organizer is there a way to select all photos, including all items in a Version Set or Stack? I used the Copy/Move to Removeable Drive option, however, found that photos in a Version Set were not selected for the move. There does not appear to be a way to globally expand all sets or stacks and I would prefer not to convert to individual items. This also affects counts in albums since it's not counting all items.

Thanks for any guidance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have met a similar situation to that in which you have the display of the result of a search, showing both individual items and some items included in version sets/stacks. Those are displayed expanded, showing both best match and non match. You can't select only the best matches from the result of that search. This has been discussed from the beginning of the organizer and I have not read or found any workaround.

Unfortunately, that seems to be a fundamental limitation in the Organizer.

You can select all version sets or all stacks, and in the 'View' tab, you can expand or collapse stacks, but not version sets.

As a side note: you are using the 'Copy/Move to Removeable Drive' command. What would be the advantage over using the 'export as new file' command.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The advantage is actually 'moving' and not creating another file. These are old photos I would probably not access again but didn't want to just delete.

I found a workaround: I used PSE's Folder view to get the rest of the items moved. Luckily all of the photos being moved were in one folder on the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines