• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select>Color?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone. I used to use Photoshop, up to CS5 and was always able to select by color--i.e.: I could choose a color as small as a pixel and everything in the image of that color would be selected, then I could increase or decrease the levels of the color until I had chosen all the parts I wanted to do something with.  Is there anything in Elements 2020 that can do this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a couple of neat workarounds to simulate the Select by Color Range function that is present in Adobe Photoshop CC but missing from Adobe Photoshop Elements.

However, the easiest thing for you to do (especially if you're a veteran Photoshop user and are often trying to get Elements to do something that you used to do in Photoshop but can't seem to do anymore), is to buy the Elements+ plug-in which gives you the Select by Color Range tool (as well as a host of other very useful features too):

Select Color Range (elementsplus.net)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines