• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serial Number Rejected

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Just purchased PSE from Adobe site. Downloaded and installed. Upon entering serial number supplied by Adobe it says its invalid! We checked and rechecked. Makes no sense. Any thoughts anyone ... ! Thank you.

AK-CM

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Here are support phone numbers by region:

Reach us by phone (adobe.com)

On this page, click on "Contact us" at the bottom to initiate a chat session:

Adobe Photoshop Elements Learn & Support

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that this is not a redemption code series of digits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for your reply. It's a 24 digit series of numbers, 4 digits and
a dash 6 times. In our account it is under the heading Serial Numbers. So I
have to assume its correct. So am really puzzled. Shall try and contact
Adobe Customer Service tomorrow Monday. But even that is a challenge. I
have tried and searched to find a number / contact form in the account and
on the help section. But cannot see anything. Thanks again for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for your reply. It's a 24 digit series of numbers, 4 digits and a dash 6 times. In our account it is under the heading Serial Numbers. So I have to assume its correct. So am really puzzled. Shall try and contact Adobe Customer Service tomorrow Monday. But even that is a challenge. I have tried and searched to find a number / contact form in the account and on the help section. But cannot see anything. Thanks again for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are support phone numbers by region:

Reach us by phone (adobe.com)

On this page, click on "Contact us" at the bottom to initiate a chat session:

Adobe Photoshop Elements Learn & Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you purchased the right platform (Mac or Windows). You can't buy one, then run the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name Elements products downloaded from Adobe are cross-platform licenses now - the same serial number is used for both platforms 🙂

See my post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/elements-15-from-windows-to-mac/m-p/12002525#M6930...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for these numbers. Much appreciated. Also for the 'chat' link. I guess this one only works weekdays. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. In the account there is one Serial Number and the option to download for either Mac or Windows. I'm using a Mac. Thanks for all the suggestions and support. Appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Hope that the issue will be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but did you buy the Elements bundle (Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements)?

If so, you have two serial numbers: the one beginning with 1057 is for Photoshop Elements and the one beginning with 1143 is for Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. I did not buy the bundle, only Photoshop Elements. But appreciate your consideration and question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you copy and paste, or did you manually enter the registration #?  5's could like like the letter S and zero's could look like the letter O--- just an idea  (it'a all numbers by the way).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to let you all know regarding the outcome of this issue and Adobe's solution. The Adobe support person requested access to my computer to figure out what was going wrong. This made me nervous. But I did allow access.  Did I have a choice! They then talked me through what they were doing. They identified a support file / document that listed what they called 'licence blockers?' They modified this document and the serial number then worked. I 'naively' asked what and where this 'blockers' list came from and they said maybe via a previous user of the Mac. That's possible I thought, it's been with us 5 years and several different people have used it etc. So problem solved. Elements now works. The last version I used was version 10. I look forward to exploring this 2021 version. Thank you all for your support, suggestions and advice. Appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines