• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show photo on map

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lots of geo tagged photos in Elements 15.  I want to find out where a particular photo was taken and show it on a map.  How do I do this?  I can show a map and find the photos in a location but not the other way around.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All your geo-tagged photos must already be placed on map.

To check the same, go to Places view and click on Pinned tab.

In Pinned view, you will see a map with some pins.

These pins are for your geo-tagged photos.

You can hover mouse over those pins and click on Get Location. This will add place tags to those photos.

Once done, go to Media View.

Click on Tags Panel and go to Places Tags.

All the tags corresponding to your action of Get Location would be listed there. You can simply click on the check box to see the filtered media set.

For more details, please see Adding and managing places in Elements Organizer

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't help.  I add a new photo with embedded GPS metadata.  I don't necessarily know where it was taken.  If I go to Places view how do I find that Photo so that I can select the pin to click "get location"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your post is quite old but did you ever resolve this? I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Good to see you recognized the age of the thread, people usually overlook those things, but it's still a better idea to make your own and then refer to this thread (share a link for example). After three years it remains to be seen if the people above are still active but most of all: new(er) versions of PSE have been released in the mean time so... do you also still use PSE 15 or do you use the current version which is 19 (PSE 2021)?

Anyway, the problem above is actually a bit of a non-issue (no offense intended obviously) because if I understand correctly the question is: "How to find the location where a new picture was taken?". Well, Anweshac already answered this and it also applies to version 19:

• Select the photo in the Media tab of the Organizer.
  • Then open the Places tab.
  • The map will now automatically switch to the location where the image was taken.
  • If there are multiple pictures then the applicable selection will be selected.

Of course this is assuming there was actually location data available in the picture. You may need to zoom in a bit if there are more pictures taken in the area but even so: your picture will also be there. Also keep in mind that some pictures can be automatically grouped together, and then divided again when you zoom in.

Still, this method should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Many thanks, this helps.
Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines