• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Size of menus/fonts in PSE 2022 Organizer vs PSE Editor

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 2022 on Windows 11.  I seem to have a problem associated with the resolution of how the program itself displays (not associated with resolution of my photos).

Specifically, in Organizer the fonts on the menus are larger and almost appear to be bolded.  In editor the appear properly sized, and similar in appearance to other progams I have (Office, Quicken).  I've searched the forums, and tried several suggestions associated with the properites of the .exe and the DPI settings but so far it hasn't fixed the problem.

Other than that, PSE seems to work fine, but I find it odd that Editor and Organizer are appearing so differently when they are both components of the same product set, from the same software vendor, installed at the same time, on the same computer, etc.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to address or further trouble-shoot would be welcome.

-Brian

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than that, PSE seems to work fine, but I find it odd that Editor and Organizer are appearing so differently when they are both components of the same product set, from the same software vendor, installed at the same time, on the same computer, etc.

-Brian

By @brian11375

Hi -Brian,

A bit of history first.

Elements and the organizer were developped separately twenty years ago ('Photoshop album'), then soon 'bundled' with PSE. The organizer was changed drastically since the beginning, especially in version 6 and 11. From the last PSE11 version, the organizer interface was optimized to be customized directly from the Windows display preferences, like the other external softwares you are mentioning. So, the UI scaling problem is not linked to the organizer which you can customize from Windows, but with the editor, which did not support hdpi (4k...) monitors until Microsoft and Adobe found the solution to offer a setting of 100% or 200% for the editor interface. That option is available in your preferences, but it does not work with the organizer.

The interface of the organizer is optimized for its main purpose, that is displaying and organizing, not editing, your pictures. In the same way, pro users do use Bridge which is bundled with Photoshop to organize files in Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Acrobat and more... All those applications and Bridge have their own history and were grouped later in the 'Creative Cloud' when Adobe acquired them progressively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Michel

Thanks for confirming and sharing the history.  I always suspected Organizer and Editor had been separate products initially, and then bundled together.  I've actually been using PSE for many, many years, through different versions, operating systems, and computers.  

In my current situation, I was using PSE (2022) on Windows 10.  A new laptop brought Windows 11, and I immediately noticed how Organizer appeared differently when PSE (2022) was installed on it.  I was able to do side by side comparisons of the two laptops and PSE installations and look at everything I could think of (screen resolution, DPI settings, etc.) trying to find why Organizer didn't have the same appearance on both.  That's when I decided to throw it to the community to see if anyone else had figured it out.

-Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines