• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow Menu Bar is Disabled

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022, and wanted to use the slideshow feature to compare photos side by side. However, the main menu bar at the top is always disabled - File, Edit, Find, View, and Help.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

No, I didn't mean "Full View". I'm trying to do exactly what you are describing - comparing 2 or more photos side by side. I used to do this via the Slideshow in a previous version.

By @janterv

No idea how you did that in the previous version.

When you say "In the buttons bar, select the 'View' icon just right of 'Film Strip'.", where is that? In Organizer or the slideshow window? I don't have a film strip icon in Organizer. Just a Slideshow icon. To the right of that is the Home Screen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This usually occurs when you have the Windows task bar set to autohide.  Turn off the autohide taskbar option in Windows settings and the menus should become active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 11, and do not autohide my Window task bar. The slideshow window is the only one I'm having problems with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 11, and do not autohide my Window task bar. The slideshow window is the only one I'm having problems with.

By @janterv

It's the same for me and I believe it's by design. The slideshow creation is automatic and you can only change the 'presets' once you have selected your files. For customization, you would have to use Premiere Elements videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, brother. Seriously? Is there a way to confirm this?

All I really want to do is compare photos side by side to select the best. I can do this by opening them all in edit, but this isn't as nice. I don't need the video editing feature.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, brother. Seriously? Is there a way to confirm this?

All I really want to do is compare photos side by side to select the best. I can do this by opening them all in edit, but this isn't as nice. I don't need the video editing feature.

Thanks!

By @janterv

Do you mean the 'Full view' from the 'View' menu (shortcuts F11 ?

I thought you were speaking about the slideshow module in the 'create' section.

That old view is not really practical for me. You can compare side by side and zoom as you like. In the buttons bar, select the 'View' icon just right of 'Film Strip'.

The main issue for me is it's too slow to load.

I use the editor directly. I much prefer to set the preferences to Allow floating documents in expert mode in the general tab.

The 'layout' button on the bottom bar lets you manage your windows very easily, to tile; you  use the View > images menu to match zoom or location.

Needs some getting used to, but it's well worth the effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I didn't mean "Full View". I'm trying to do exactly what you are describing - comparing 2 or more photos side by side. I used to do this via the Slideshow in a previous version.

When you say "In the buttons bar, select the 'View' icon just right of 'Film Strip'.", where is that? In Organizer or the slideshow window? I don't have a film strip icon in Organizer. Just a Slideshow icon. To the right of that is the Home Screen icon. In Slideshow, there are no bottom icons. Just a few buttons on the left for Media, Themes, and Music.

Working in Photoshop editor would be fine if I could float all the photos, but the "all floating" menu is disabled in the Layout menu. All the other layout options are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I just found the edit preferences in editor to allow for floating documents!! Perfect! That's what I really needed. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @janterv

No idea how you did that in the previous version.

When you say "In the buttons bar, select the 'View' icon just right of 'Film Strip'.", where is that? In Organizer or the slideshow window? I don't have a film strip icon in Organizer. Just a Slideshow icon. To the right of that is the Home Screen icon. In Slideshow, there are no bottom icons. Just a few

By @janterv

I meant within the View > Full Screen menu of the organizer, the one which opens with F11 (very slowly...) and provides a way to browse your files in full view, with an optional filmstrip and ultra fast zooming. It can play an 'instant' slideshow with duration settings. It was precisely made for the comparison job.

FullView-1.jpg

Just above the filmstrip on the bottom, the icon and navigation bar.

Working in Photoshop editor would be fine if I could float all the photos, but the "all floating" menu is disabled in the Layout menu. All the other layout options are available.

By @janterv

The 'all floating' option is probably missing is you have not used the menu Edit > Preferences > General  and ticked the option to "allow floating documents in expert mode".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank yo so much! That's exactly what I was looking for. The View/Full Screen works the same way as the Slideshow button in my old Elements 11, so I didn't realize it existed there.

Also, floating windows rocks!

Thanks so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines