• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Printer response Photoshop Elements 2021

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been using Photoshop Elements for some time without any problems. Recently I am experiencing problems with printing my projects. The print settings box is taking around 40 seconds to load and any changes to printer settings are taking an equal length of time to respond. I can see from earlier posts on the forum that this issue has been highlighted before and I have tried all the suggestions put forward to no avail. My PC is running Windows 10 x 64 and I am using a Canon all in one MG 3650 printer. I have tried setting up and printing projects using an old version of Photoshop Elements 2012 and this seems to be OK. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two suggestions:

Check on the Canon web site to see if there is an updated driver for your printer.

If you are printing via the organizer, try printing via the editor,  or vice versa. The print engines are not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thank you for your prompt reply and suggestions. I now updated the Canon Printer Driver and, unfortunately, this hasn't made any difference. My problem is with printing via editor. When I print via organizer the response time is much faster as you suggested it might be. Does this point to a another possible problem area?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that this is indicative of other latent issues.

I assume that the response time is normal when you print via Paint, or Word.

Is your printer connected to the computer with a cable, or are you on a network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My printer is connected by USB with the WiFi turned off. Printing via other applications ie Office, Paint etc is instant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my original Post I omitted the fact that I am currently using Photoshop Elements 2021 and that is causing me the Print problem.

Sorry for the confusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, I was hoping to get some response to my ongoing printing problem that I posted here. Since my last post I have tried to resolve the issue myself and have found that there appears to be a conflict between PSE 2021 editor and Acronis True Image 2021. I reinstalled Windows 10 and proceeded to install my own programs. PSE 2021 editor printing worked fine until I installed Acronis True Image 2021. After that the printing problem returned. I noticed that, everytime I tried printing the Task Manager showed PSE editor "Not Responding". Do you know if this issue has been raised with you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, I was hoping to get some response to my ongoing printing problem that I posted here. Since my last post I have tried to resolve the issue myself and have found that there appears to be a conflict between PSE 2021 editor and Acronis True Image 2021. I reinstalled Windows 10 and proceeded to install my own programs. PSE 2021 editor printing worked fine until I installed Acronis True Image 2021. After that the printing problem returned. I noticed that, everytime I tried printing the Task Manager showed PSE editor "Not Responding". Do you know if this issue has been raised with you?

By @igordon5

A few years ago, I had issues with Acronis True Image and there were similar complaints in the (now defunct) Feedback forum. The solution was to deactivate the 'Active protection' against ransomware. I have no idea if something has changed since that time, but I have not reactivated it in more recent versions. Maybe worth trying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your suggestion. I have uninstall Acronis now but I will reinstall it and give your suggestion a try. Thank you once again.Sent from my Galaxy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I reinstalled Acronis True Image 2021 and deactivated 'Active Protection' as suggested. The printing problems are still there. Thank you for the suggestion I have posted the problem on the Acronis forum; hopefully I will get a solution there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines