• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Soft Proof in Element+ for Elements 2018

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem in matching the output from my computer screen with the output from my Epson R3000 printer. My screen is calibrated regularly and I have the correct ICC file.

I realize that Elements+ is an Add-on and not an Adobe product but I was hoping some-one could give me some help. The Manual seems to stop short.

Having imported the image into the Soft Proof space and selected my "Device to simulate" and clicked "OK" to apply the changes, I am then :

• unable to display a "before & after" view for comparrison ( In Photoshop you can ).I use the preview but this is very "hit & miss".
  • not sure whether the original file has now been alterered to reflect the changes and whether this has been saved and has replaced the original image file. ( if this is the case I should have worked on a copy ) It does not appear to change the file name.
  • not sure whether the image now displayed in the Elements Editor is the Soft Proof version or my original file.

A detailed workflow would be great.

Here's hoping!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would better try to ask the author, Andrei Doubrovski on his own site, or possibly in the

https://photoshopelementsandmore.com/

forum, where he is present frequently and where a number of members do use his plugins. He also has a number of help docs and videos.

About this precise plugin, the 'magic' is  only in using Photoshop features and providing scripts to run them in Elements. So the interface must be adapted and perhaps somewhat simplified.

I don't think your file has been changed in any way, nor its profile changed. You are only seeing a virtual 'preview'.

For expert help about Photoshop softproofing, I'd recommend asking in the dedicated forum

https://community.adobe.com/t5/color-management/bd-p/Color-Management?page=1&sort=latest_replies&fil...

I don't think those experts are aware of the Elements color management and the Elements+ plugin, but you can't find better help for softproofing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I have tried the photoshop route but it is significantly different. The Elements+ is much more basic.

I will try and contact Andrei, last time I tried his link seemed to have been hijacked by another soft proofing product!!

I will try the "andmore" forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is the link to softproof link in Elements+:

https://elementsplus.net/help/en/soft_proof.htm

That's what you have already followed, but that can clarify the issue for other readers of this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the link to Andrei Doubrovski answer in the PhotoshopElements&more forum:

https://photoshopelementsandmore.com/thread/7103/soft-proofing-elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines