• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

starting with new catalog

Contributor ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is several years since I used the Elements Organizer.  Though I don't currently use it,  (I"m currently using Lightroom), I want to show some Elements beginners how to start. How can I delete my current Organizer folders without losing the data on my hard drives?

It would be helpful to start out new.  I will not be using the Organizer for my own image organization.

Thanks for help.

Mary Lou

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mary Lou,

The organizer is not so different from Lightroom, it's based on catalogs and does not contain any folder nor media files, it only references the location of files on your disk in a database. So, if you no longer use the organizer for your own use and you only want to show how to start, you can simply create a new catalog and use the various options for 'importing' files from your camera or card reader (download) or from files and folders (registering and indexing) from existing files on your computer. If you have opened a new catalog, you can simply delete your old catalog from the catalog manager (File >> manage catalogs'.

The pdf version of the Organizer is not up to date but it's ok for what you are looking for:

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/elements-organizer_reference.pdf

In the Online help, see the section 'Importing media files'

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines