• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Straighten Tool Problems in Photoshop Elements 2023

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Photoshop Elelents 2023 since late last year.  Initially the Straighten tool worked without any problems.  Then the Fill tool stopped working, giving me a chequered triangle at each corner.  Later, a second problem occurred, which has become far more serious.  A dialogue box appeared which told me I had to create a Layer, giving me an OK button, plus a "Don't ask me again check box, which I ignored.  After clicking OK, I was presented with a second box, with Layer0 and another OK button, which i clicked in order to proceed.  This worked all right, despite being a pain.  However, when i checked the "Don't ask me again" box, it froze on the second dialogue, with the mouse transformed into the draw cross that I could move but not use for any function.  The only way ahead was Alt + F4!  Any help would be appreciated, including URLs or phone numbers.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.  This will take the program to its out of the box condition. 

If you still need help, try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Hours of operation outsi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.  This will take the program to its out of the box condition. 

If you still need help, try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Hours of operation outside of the United States are limited. See the phone link for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. This has worked.

Of course, the problem should never have occurred, as I had not previously tinkered with the preferences. I’m concerned that it could recur.

Are or will there be updates available , and how do I check for them?

Also, is a text version of the reference guide available for people like me who are visually impaired and use screen-readers? Video tutorials are of little use to me, as they are so visual.

Sent from Mail<> for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michael, I don't know any computer program that is perfect.  I would consider your problem a minor glitch that was easily fixed with a reset.  So, if a tool that once worked misbehaves, you now know what to do.  (It has nothing to do with you previously tinkering with the preferences.)

If any updates for Elements 2023 are issued in the future, they will be probably be pushed to your computer automatically (if you are online) and you shouldn't have to worry about them.

You can find a text version of the user guide by pressing F1 while using the program.  You can find it online at this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines