• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Styling text

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not very proficient with Photoshop Elements and am very frustrated by a problem I am having creating a title slide for a travel slide show.   I want  the text in the word "Punjab" to be solid against the  faded background image of the Golden Temple on a solid  pale background.  As you can see, the background image is showing through the text.  I have really tried to find out how to fix this.  In the text layer, I adjusted Opacity to 100% but it didn't change.  Everything I have been able to find online shows how to make text transparent but not the opposite.  Grrr.   This is probably very basic, but not basic enough for me.Title slide.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

I assume that you have 2 layers: The pale yellow background layer  & the layer with text.

In the layers palette next to the opacity control there is a control for blending modes. On the text layer, change the default (normal) to multiply. In addition, duplicate the text layer itself four to five times. You will end up with multiple duplicate layers, but this should darken the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you have 2 layers: The pale yellow background layer  & the layer with text.

In the layers palette next to the opacity control there is a control for blending modes. On the text layer, change the default (normal) to multiply. In addition, duplicate the text layer itself four to five times. You will end up with multiple duplicate layers, but this should darken the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked.  It seems a surprisingly complicated approach to a simple task, but it worked, and that's the main thing.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help. Think of it as a primer and a few finish coats of pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines