• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly Explorer crashes when opening a map containing onde or more .WR2 files

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until today, I could easily use Adobe Photoshop Elements (APE) 2019 without any problems, on my desktop as well as on my laptop. I am using it almost daily, already for about two years.

However, suddenly today, there is no way I can access any .RW2 file on my desktop anymore!? I can access any map and file, as long as there is no .RW2 file in this map. And I can also access and process any .RW2 file on my laptop (on which APE 2020 is installed).
I tested copying a few files via WiFi from my desktop to my laptop. That worked. And I could easily open and process  them with APE (2020) on my laptop. So, the files are not damaged.

This suggests (I think) that something suddenly changed within my APE 2019. But what could this be???

Does anyone have any suggestion about the cause of this and a possible solution? 
Any help woul dbe greatly appreciated!

Erna 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you have installed a dfferent app which uses also the same .WR2 suffix as your raw files.

Could you check in the Windows properties which app is associated with the .WE2 suffix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response!

I did not recently install any new App. And less than a week ago, everything worked fine.

For .WR2 Adobe Photoshop Elements is associated. And .WE2 is not listed at all.

Do you possibly have any further suggestions?

Regards, Erna 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HJSKK , Can you please provide some sample .RW2 file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean uploading one of the raw/.RW2 files here, in this forum?

By the way, in error I wrote .WR2. This should be .RW2.

Regards, Erna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I was asking you to upload some sample file here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe @HJSKK . Could you please share Help->plugins->camera raw details of your  desktop machine APE(2019) and also it would be really great if you share those images as well which are not getting opened at your APE(201) desktop.

Thanks

Adobe Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your offers in trying to help me. And sorry that it took a while for me to respond!

The main reason is that,to my very big surprise, there appears to be a lot of variation in whether or not it works well. After my post, there were a few occasions where I could open my .RW2 files with APE, and more occasions where I could not. This makes it difficult to choose any file that could not open.

Whatever the reason may be, the last few days, including right now, I am able to open and process any .RW2 file that I tried. I am completely lost about how this could happen.

At the moment I can think of only possible reason: maybe due to a Windows 10 update?

In any case, at the moment it works, so there is no file that I could usefully upload here. 

But please keep this topic open for a while, so that in case it goes wrong again, I could still contine this topic.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards, Erna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines