• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

surface pro 5 pen is not working properly with element 2022

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can photoshop element 2022 work properly with surface pro 5 pen? mine is not working properly. I cannot find any answer on line by adobe. Is there any personal customer support from adobe?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Thank you for writing to us. I am sorry to hear that you are facing challenges while using our product with surface pro.

Can you elaborate the issue you are facing so that I can try to reproduce it on my device. Please share your device details - Surface Pro device model, Surface Pen model & OS you are currently on. Also some details on what is the issue & how to reproduce it would be helpful too. 

Regards,

Geetanjali 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply

these are the device details

Device name surface-pro-5
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
Device ID F6E1B815-521C-4FFD-A62D-5F031D66F39D
Product ID 00330-63021-59934-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor windows 10
Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

The problem is using the pen for drawing. The pen works normally for a minute then it either stops drawing or draw in an area away from where the pen is touching.

I would appreciate any help from you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Can you update the OS version to latest & check if all your drivers are up to date? This will eliminate any system specific issues. Please let me know if this does not work.

Thanks,

Geetanjali 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have relied at on line support community. I would appreciate any help from you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response.

I checked on my end & can see that there is some issue while drawing on top left corner of canvas. There is one workaround I could suggest is to draw in a right to left or bottom to top manner. Our engineering team is working on this issue & we hope to resolve this soon. Please let me know if this workaround helps you or if you hit any other issue on your device. I will be happy to help.

Regards,

Geetanjali 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have this issue been resolved? I just downloaded Photoshop Elements 2022 and I am having the same problem. I cannot use my 2020 version any longer and using my pen in another part of the canvas does not work for me when editing photos. Any updates? 

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue couldn't be resolved. Adobe team are aware of it. I understand their engineers are looking at it.

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem still unresolved? I have the same issue with my slim pen2 in Photoshop elements 2022.  It will not write in the upper left corner of the cavas, and the ink is referred to the right bottom corner instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem is still not resolved as of Photoshop Elements 2024, which I purchased, and promptly refunded. I cannot draw starting in the upper left of the canvas using my Surface Pro Studio and Surface pen. I wish there was a fix because I like drawing in Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off windows ink:

Use this info if you need it:

Follow the steps below to disable Windows Ink in Windows 10. These steps are easy and will allow you to disable the Windows Ink workspace in just a few seconds.

If you don’t have a digital pen or you want to remove the Windows Ink Workspace icon from your taskbar, there are two very simple ways to disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10. Here they are:

Solution 1: Disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10 Using Group Policy

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor. Navigate to: Computer Configuration ->Administrative Templates ->Windows Components ->Windows Ink Workspace.
  2. In the right pane, double-click Allow Windows Ink Workspace to open its properties.
  3. Check the Enabled option. Next, select Disabled from the drop-down menu under the Options section.
  4. Click on Apply and then OK. Restart your PC to make the changes to take effect.

Solution 2: Disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10 Using Registry Tweak

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run command
  2. From the run utility window, type Regedit and click Ok to open the registry.
  3. Next, navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft
  4. If you can't locate the WindowsInkWorkspace  folder, then do the following:
    -Right-click the Microsoft key in the left pane, and then select New -> Key.
    -Name the Key as WindowsInkWorkspace and click OK.
  5. Right-click empty space in the right pane, select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
  6. Name the DWORD value as AllowWindowsInkWorkspace. Leave its value data as 0.
  7. Restart your computer. Once signed back in, you should see Windows Ink Workspace disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines