• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switch from Photoshop Element 8 to new photoshop 2021 Help

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used 8 for many years.  I just got 2021 because I got a new computer.  I've had a stroke so things are a little slow but I can't get it to do what I want done.  In 8 under expert I could click and it would show several things I could do.  I used this alot.  It had a color bar and colorization bar that I could adjust.  Now I don't know how to get to that.  I don't know how to get to where I can change the color of a scrapbook paper.  Can someone help me?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I fully understand what you are asking but let us know if I am on the right track:

You want to create a file for scrapbooking with a particular color background.  Or perhaps you want to change a white or transparent color background with the paint bucket or paintbrush tools.  I haven't used Elements 8 in many years and don't have a copy on my machine.  So I don't remember how the tools have changed.  But to change colors for use with other tools in Elements 2021, you click on the Color tool at the bottom of the Toolbar and the Color Picker dialog will open.  The top left color box selects foreground color and the bottom right one selects the background color.

Snap_2021.08.04_14h14m4s_001.png

If, for example, you want to create a scrapbook page with a certain background color, do the following:

1. Go to the File>New>Blank file menu and a dialog will open
  2. Select the size of your paper, e.g. Scrapbook page > 12x12
  3. Use the Background Contents dropdown menu and select Background Color,
  4. Click OK out of the dialog and a new file with your selected background color will open.

Snap_2021.08.04_14h17m14s_000.png

If I have not answered your question, please give us some more details of what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I think you're getting a little confused between the different Photoshop Elements modes 🙂

Photoshop Elements 8 didn't have an Expert mode (it was called the Full mode). If you're talking about adjusting the color of a layer (such as some scrapbook paper), then I think you were probably referring to the Quick mode which had the following color panel:

Screenshot 2021-08-04 224233.jpg

If that is the one you're talking about, then in Photoshop Elements 2021 you need to go into Quick mode, then click the Color option on the right-hand side panel, which will give you a similar set of color options:

Screenshot 2021-08-04 224209.jpg

Hope that helps 🙂

It's quite a jump from Photoshop Elements 8 to Photoshop Elements 2021... that's over 10 years of changes 🙂

Take some time to familiarize yourself with the Photoshop Elements User Guide:

Photoshop Elements User Guide

If you want more structured learning material, there's the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 Classroom in a Book, or if you prefer a video-based course, there's the Learning Photoshop Elements 2018 course on LinkedIn Learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines