• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tags get cleared when returning to grid

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have 2021 and about 30K photos.  I select a tag, say one of my people, and then scroll down to see the older ones of that person (there are several thousand).  I double click on one to look closer.  All good.  But if that is not the one I wanted, I click on the Grid icon in the upper left to go back to all of the matching photos.  And it does for a fraction of a second but then clears all of the tags and goes back to the top.  Almost like it read two clicks and then applied the second to the All Media button that replaces the Grid button.  It does not happen every time, but most.  So seems to be some kind of timing issue.  It makes it EXTREMELY frustrating to use now though.

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you by chance 'double clicking' on the Grid button on the upper left? A single click on the 'Grid' button should take you to the media of the selected tag, 'Grid' button at this point is replaced by 'Back' button. Clicking on 'Back' button will now remove the tag selection and show all media.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, very carefully single clicking. And I have tried all manner of doing it delicately, quick, not moving the mouse after, moving the mouse, moving the cursor to over the tags, etc (note I am a programmer so trying to debug myself). Could demonstrate on streaming but would be hard to tell with the lag. Maybe something to do with the number of photos and things going a little slower? It goes back to the tag matches for almost a second before reverting. Long enough that I don't know if it is going to work this time or not. So there are "some kind" of lags at least.

-Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no word or update on this?  It is hugley painful to use the product this way.  And I have noticed the same thing happens with Albums too.  If I select and Album, it filters to the contents fine.  But if I then click on one item to get a closer look, and click  the back arrow, it will flash and reset to the full Grid view and I have to reselect the Album.  I am NOT double clicking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case anybody else is having this issue and cares what is happening, I think I figured it out.  It is easy to make happen now that I know, but not too easy to avoid (apart from a real steady hand and insensitive mouse).

The problem occurs if a WM_MOUSEMOVE messages comes in between the WM_LBUTTONDOWN and the WM_LBUTTONUP windows messages.  In all the working cases with a single click, the WM_LBUTTONDOWN and the WM_LBUTTONUP come in back to back (using Spy++).  When it reverts back and clears the tag, there is always at least one WM_MOUSEMOVE between the two.  To reproduce this easily then, do the following:

1. Select a subset of pictures in the Organizer by selecting some Tag.
  2. In the resulting filtered list of pictures, double-click on the first photo to drill into it
  3. Move the mouse over the < button next to the word Grid as if you were about to go back to the grid filtered by the selected tag.
  4. Instead of clicking, click and hold.  The screen redraws to the filtered grid, but even a slight move of the mouse with the button still down and the tag is cleared and the screen redraws back to all photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines