• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text is not working PE 2024

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Photoshop Elements 2024...quite the upgrade from PE9 (which I used for years).  Fairly easy to move between the two.  HOWEVER, when trying to type my text doesn't appear until I hit the checkmark...which makes it difficult to type longer things.

I have gone through the internet to find an answer and one that they seem to say works is to hit EDIT>PREFERENCES>PERFORMANCE (and then do something in performace)...however, whenever I hit on performance my Photoshop freezes!  I have to remove it on task manager.

I use my PE a ton and am needing an answer...anything?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Weirdest thing...but the answer to my question was that at my office I had my laptop connected to a monitor with an HDMI cord and for some reason when I duplicated the screen it caused the problem...however, when I extended it it solved the problem!  So, it is working!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us a screenshot showing your problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thad,

Do you have have sufficient "real estate" to accomodate the text? I just tried to type some text on a File>new>blank file and the default setting did not provide sufficient room. So I increased the size. After you activate the type tool, look on the tool's option bar, lower left, for "Tool Options." Here you can select the font, pt size, Horizontal or Vertical, etc. Finally commit by clicking on the checkmark.

Make sure that you are on the Advanced tab for this drill. The Guided tab allows one to add text within artful parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another point that goes along with this. Many answer had to do with going into Preferences and hitting Performance and changing something in there.  But whenever I hit on Performance it freezes my PE2024 and I have to clear out of it in Task Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another point that makes this issue stranger.  In my office (on my laptop, which is my main computer with PE2024) I have this issue.  However, whenever I take my laptop home (over the weekend) the text issue is resolved.  It works perfectly!  This perplexes me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thad28067903swfm, are you still facing this? If yes, please help us with a screen recording and your system details so that we can investigate this.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weirdest thing...but the answer to my question was that at my office I had my laptop connected to a monitor with an HDMI cord and for some reason when I duplicated the screen it caused the problem...however, when I extended it it solved the problem!  So, it is working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue as well - PS 25.6.0
It occurs whether I create a paragraph box or  point text. I get a flashing cursor, but nothing. No obstructing layer, font size is appropriate, screen is extended onto the monitor from the macbook 2019 pro. I tried "reset preferences" and that cleared the issue. I just selected my usual workspace to reset the working tools, at least. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a photoshop elements group, not photoshop.   A moderator should see your post and move it to where it belongs- you don't need to do anything.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines