• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the object "backward layer" is not currently available

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the clone stame but when I try to select an are to use to paint with, I get the error message The object "backward Layer" is not currently available.  I have used this for decades and never had this error.  I can make it stop so I can't use the clone tool! Help please. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Reset the clone stamp tool. In older versions of the program, there is a little triangle on the tool's option bar, top left. Click on this to reset. In newer versions, look for a box with lines in it, bottom right.

If that does not fix it, reset global preferences to default.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset the clone stamp tool. In older versions of the program, there is a little triangle on the tool's option bar, top left. Click on this to reset. In newer versions, look for a box with lines in it, bottom right.

If that does not fix it, reset global preferences to default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I messed around and must have reset the clone stamp without realizing it, anyway it is working again, thank you for your quick response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If hatstead's solution does not work, please give us a screenshot of your layers panel when the problem arises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines